Is any child in your school being picked on or left out? Have you heard any offensive jokes, name-calling or biased remarks on your campus? Is your student body becoming more diverse? If so, the ADL Central Texas can help make your school a place of respect, unity and character through No Place for Hate®, an exciting nation-wide campaign.
Standing up to bullies and against bigotry is never easy – particularly for young people. This is why ADL’s No Place for Hate® initiative empowers the whole school community – teachers and students, administrators and parents – to tackle prejudice, bullying and intergroup conflict.
The No Place for Hate® initiative provides educators and students with the resources to ensure that anti-bias and diversity education are an integral part of the school curriculum. No Place for Hate® also helps to create and sustain inclusive school environments where all students feel valued and have the opportunity to succeed by promoting respect for individual difference while challenging bigotry and prejudice. Launched in Austin schools in the fall of 2004, the popular initiative has been embraced by hundreds of campuses throughout the Central Texas region.
To earn the designation schools commit to creating a student led coalition, signing the Resolution of Respect, and hosting at least three anti-bias and diversity related activities throughout the year.
Several Central Texas districts have scheduled No Place for Hate® trainings. Call the ADL Austin office at 512-249-7960 to find out when your district training is happening, or to schedule a district/campus No Place for Hate® training.
- Contact ADL Austin if your school is new to No Place for Hate® at 512-249-7960
- Create a student coalition to lead No Place for Hate® activities
- Submit activity ideas and coalition information by October 15th
- Wait to receive approval from an ADL representative and then go forward with running amazing No Place for Hate® activities
- Have all school staff and students sign the Resolution of Respect
- Run three anti-bias/diversity related activities by April 15th
- Submit activity reports (including supplemental materials) and Resolution of Respect report online by April 15th
- An ADL representative will contact you regarding approval and how to receive your banner!
No Place for Hate® 2012-2013 School and After School List
Resolution of Respect: